The Southwestern Association of Prelaw Advisors invites you to our upcoming conference April 4-6th in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
This year’s conference theme echoes our emphasis on providing professional development opportunities on topics such as innovative advising approaches, LSAC and legal market updates, and networking with our fellow advisors and law school representatives. During the conference, there will be a reception, including a tour of the Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum, as well as a luncheon and tour of the Gilcrease Museum. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to experience the splendor of Oklahoma!
Topics covered will include:
- Prelaw Advising 101 – Laying the Foundation for new PLAs
- Prelaw Advising 201 – Building on the Foundation for experienced PLAs
- Insider’s Perspective on the Law School Admissions Process
- So, You Want to Go into Public Interest Law?
- A Roadmap for Developing Prelaw Programs
- PreLaw Transfer Project – A Collaboration Between Community Colleges and Four-Year Institutions
- Demystifying the CAS Report
- Navigating Tricky Advising Questions Post-Submission
Conference Hotel Information
The host hotel is the historic and beautiful Colcord Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. Use the following link to reserve your room and obtain the reduced conference rate of $175.00 per night. Register early as there are a limited number of rooms. The deadline for room reservations is Wednesday, March 13, 2019.