The early registration deadline for the 2019 SWAPLA Annual Conference is quickly approaching on Saturday, February 16, 2019. Registration links, sponsorship opportunities, and the conference agenda can be found on the Conference Webpage.
The SWAPLA Annual Conference will be held held April 4-6th in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This year’s conference theme echoes our emphasis on providing professional development opportunities. Topics covered will include:
- Prelaw Advising 101 – Laying the Foundation for new PLAs
- Prelaw Advising 201 – Building on the Foundation for experienced PLAs
- Insider’s Perspective on the Law School Admissions Process
- So, You Want to Go into Public Interest Law?
- A Roadmap for Developing Prelaw Programs
- PreLaw Transfer Project – A Collaboration Between Community Colleges and Four-Year Institutions
- Demystifying the CAS Report
- Navigating Tricky Advising Questions Post-Submission
Plenary sessions will highlight the Digital LSAT and updated NALP Recruiting Guidelines.
In addition to attending the conference we encourage all SWAPLA members to volunteer for a Conference Committee. Please note that conference subsidies are available for (1) SWAPLA Members, (2) First-Time Conference Attendees, and (3) Advisors from HACU/HBCU/TBCU Schools